ECXC 2024!
by Tom
26/06/24 02:12 PM
Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 78 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#670508 - 01/03/07 09:15 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
]That was a sweet game! [ThumbsUp] I'm glad and Law AND Durant will be gone next year. [Smoking]
Damnit! why can't Rick Barnes keep his players around like Mack Brown does? [Freak] wink

#670509 - 05/03/07 06:14 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Just got back from vacation and didn't get a chance to post this. We are a lock for the NCAA tournament now. [Smoking] At said it at the beginning of the year and I'll say it again... anything we do this year is a bonus as we're going to be good for many years to come. Knight has now got us in the big dance 4 of his 6 years as our coach (one Sweet 16) along with a nice NIT appearance where we finished third. Hopefully his son will be good when he finally takes over, but we shall see. Anyway, how about a nice Oregon vs. Texas Tech matchup. laugh

#670510 - 07/03/07 11:43 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Hopefully his son will be good when he finally takes over, but we shall see.
You'd better hope he pulls a Bennett (WSU). Then you'd be in great shape.

Quote:
Anyway, how about a nice Oregon vs. Texas Tech matchup. laugh
I'd like that matchup. [Finger]

Actually, I don't know enough about Tech to say whether I'd like that matchup. My feeling at this point would be that you're considerably better coached than we are, but we've got quite a talent advantage. Last I saw we'll be a 6 seed, but that could improve depending on how the Pac-10 tourney goes.

#670511 - 09/03/07 11:27 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn - we crushed Zona yesterday.

Next up is Cal tonight, and if we get by that it will be WSU or USC for the Pac-10 tourney championship. If we can win that I like our shot at a 4 seed, which would keep us out west for 2 rounds. [ThumbsUp]

#670512 - 09/03/07 02:33 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Well, we got pounded today. Actually a good thing considering our 2nd best player is hurting. We need some much needed rest. Besides, it appears the Big XII will now get 5 teams instead of only 4 if we would have won. smile

#670513 - 10/03/07 07:24 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Besides, it appears the Big XII will now get 5 teams instead of only 4 if we would have won. smile
Looks like the Pac-10 will only get 6 now that we beat Cal. Had they won we may have gotten 7 in. That's some good ammo for Pac 10 / Big 12 conference smack, huh? laugh

SC tonight. They swept us this year so it will be tough, but we're playing really well right now. Dare I hope for a 3 seed with a victory? I still think we're going to get a 4, but a 3 would be nice.

#670514 - 10/03/07 04:22 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

pnwbeers, congrats on winning the Pac 10 Tournament. I know this is premature, but ya'll are up 17 w/ 16mins to go and I may not be around later. Not that ya'll needed it, but I'm sure ya'll just made some bubble teams very happy by giving them hope, especially KSU.

BTW, if there is anyone here that still doesn't think college football needs a playoffs, please never talk sports here or anywhere else again. This freakin' rocks! [ThumbsUp]

#670515 - 10/03/07 04:53 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
pnwbeers, congrats on winning the Pac 10 Tournament. I know this is premature, but ya'll are up 17 w/ 16mins to go and I may not be around later. Not that ya'll needed it, but I'm sure ya'll just made some bubble teams very happy by giving them hope, especially KSU.
Thanks. We're really peaking at the right time. If we can keep playing like this I really like our chances at going deep into the tourney.

Here's to hoping we get a 3 seed.

#670516 - 10/03/07 10:46 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Thanks. We're really peaking at the right time. If we can keep playing like this I really like our chances at going deep into the tourney.

Here's to hoping we get a 3 seed.
Texas gets a two seed after tomorrow's win wink

you can have our 3 seed laugh

yeah, yeah...I'm dreaming... smile

#670517 - 11/03/07 09:36 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Latest bracketology: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Shows Texas as a 4, Oregon as a 3.

Wait for it...

Tech as an 11. laugh

Interestingly, if it comes true Oregon and Tech would both be opening up in Spokane, and the odds would be pretty good that we'd play in the second round. That could make things interesting around here. [drink]

#670518 - 11/03/07 05:45 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, we got our 3 seed, and our bracket looks decent too. Miami (OH) first should be one we win (knock on wood), ND or Winthrop in the second round should also be winnable, and then probably Wisconson or UNLV, and we've got a shot against either of those squads. Win those and we're in the Elite 8.

But then we'd get Florida. I don't like that matchup, and would be shocked if we beat them (if we even get that far).

I know there's a 98% chance my team will end the year with a loss, but I don't care. God I love this time of year. [drink]

#670519 - 11/03/07 07:03 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Can someone please explain why Florida is in the Midwest and Ohio State is in the South?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#670520 - 11/03/07 08:58 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Can someone please explain why Florida is in the Midwest and Ohio State is in the South?
As #1 seeds, both Florida and Ohio State get to stay close for the 1st and 2nd rounds...

Florida fans get to travel to New Orleans and OSU fans get to travel to Lexington, KY....

#670521 - 12/03/07 01:16 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
So the midwest final is in New Orleans, and the South final is in Lexington?

Yeah, THAT makes sense. good going, NCAA committee.

eek
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#670522 - 12/03/07 03:21 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go Bucks!

#670523 - 12/03/07 07:09 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Man, I missed everything yesterday, but I had my dad call me if Tech got in. Thankfully, we squeaked in at a better seed that I thought at 10. I actually wished we were an 11th seed. I hate our matchups. If we beat Boston College, we're going to get pounded a new one by Georgetown. That's a shame too, because when we were a 3 seed in '96 and Darvin Ham broke the backboard against North Carolina, we lost our Sweet 16 game against Georgetown because of some short little fucker. What was his name again? Oh yeah, Allen Iverson. Little bastard.
Quote:
ND or Winthrop in the second round should also be winnable
Um, no. ND is going to wipe the floor with you guys! [Finger]

#670524 - 12/03/07 09:20 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

ROCK CHALK
JAYHAWK
KU!!!!!

#670525 - 12/03/07 11:42 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Um, no. ND is going to wipe the floor with you guys! [Finger]
I actually think Winthrop stands a very good chance of taking out the dommers. Too bad - I'd love to see Oregon beat them (like the last time we played basektball against them).

#670526 - 12/03/07 12:47 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

I think Notre Dame is flying under the radar with alot of people. We shall see, but they definitely have a good team. Of course, I think Winthrop's is in the same boat as ND. That should be an interesting game.

BTW, you're not talking about 4 years ago, are you? [Freak] Both are two completely different teams now. laugh

#670527 - 12/03/07 02:33 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
BTW, you're not talking about 4 years ago, are you? [Freak] Both are two completely different teams now. laugh
Yeah - keep in mind that we don't get to regularly play the dommers. wink

We're a schizoid team, so every game will scare me. If we play to our potential we should face off against Florida in the Elite 8. If we don't we could lose in the first round.

Should be interesting. cool

#670528 - 12/03/07 06:46 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
I just want to know how Stanford got selected. 18-12 (10-8) and the only road win they had of any consequence was at Virginia. They got crushed by Air Force and Santa Clara at home early in the season and weren't exactly eating it up at the end of the season either - finished 3-5 in their last 8.

Seemed like everyone at CBS and ESPN was questioning Arkansas and Illinois and Texas Tech, but I didn't see anyone wondering about Stanford's bid.

I suppose I should be much more bitter than I currently am since I'm a 'Cuse fan, but there's no way I'm going to claim they were the very last team not selected. The whole time I was watching the selection show, I was having flashbacks to 2001-02 when they (edit: added a "y") last didn't get a bid, but that season they finished the season playing horribly and it wasn't all that much of a surprise.

#670529 - 12/03/07 07:23 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Katonk:
I just want to know how Stanford got selected. 18-12 (10-8) and the only road win they had of any consequence was at Virginia. They got crushed by Air Force and Santa Clara at home early in the season and weren't exactly eating it up at the end of the season either - finished 3-5 in their last 8.

Seemed like everyone at CBS and ESPN was questioning Arkansas and Illinois and Texas Tech, but I didn't see anyone wondering about Stanford's bid.
They're in the Pac 10. Lots of RPI love, and a great conference this year.

Mystery solved.

#670530 - 12/03/07 07:25 PM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
I didn't see hardly anyone from the big networks questioning Tech. Kind of hard to do that with credibility if they refer to our resume... unless, of course, they just are Knight haters. [Freak] There are definitely some of those.

Arkansas is definitely tops on that list. They were the "wtf" school and even most of their fans know it. Oh well, everyone had equal opportunity to get in. Every year we have a few schools that were left out and you could switch with a few that got in and it would be about the same. This is still waaaay better than having some computer spit out the best two teams for the championship game and the rest play in a bunch of NIT games. laugh

#670531 - 15/03/07 10:50 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anybody else's team pull a total of three pictures on the cover? Not to mention the front and center player.

I can only assume this spells doom for us... [Uh Oh !]

#670532 - 15/03/07 11:12 AM Re: Official 2006-07 College Basketball Season Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I just want to know how Stanford got selected. 18-12 (10-8) and the only road win they had of any consequence was at Virginia. They got crushed by Air Force and Santa Clara at home early in the season and weren't exactly eating it up at the end of the season either - finished 3-5 in their last 8.

They're in the Pac 10. Lots of RPI love, and a great conference this year.

Mystery solved.[/b]
Great conference this year??

Right...

Looks like Louisville is taking care of the blight that allowed Stanford into the Tourney... Syracuse would have been a better at-large selection than this team. Then again, UofL wouldn't have been able to have a warm-up game in the first round if that had been the case.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal