ECXC 2024!
by Tom
26/06/24 02:12 PM
Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#230306 - 12/04/04 04:06 PM Re: You should of "GONE"
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Allen, thank you again to you, your Dad and LemonDrop for heading back up to get Jorge's Xterra running.

That's two years in a row you've helped fix vehicles on Golden Spike, next year I'll make sure Nissan, or Tynan's is paying you to be there helping us out.

#230307 - 12/04/04 05:07 PM Re: You should of "GONE"
MaloCS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
I want to say Thank you to everyone for allowing me and my lowly Lemondrop (Toyota) to follow you guys along on the trail.

You guys were great, as usual, again this year. Welcoming myself and my father like family was awesome. This was his first time rock crawling/four wheeling, and he said he'd never met a nicer group of guys.

Who else would spend that much time out of their fun trip to go back and 'Get one of their own'? Not many Jeepers that I've met, that's for sure.

Looking forwards to next year already. Definately the whole week. That is, if you don't mind the Lemondrop following along (perhaps at a distance? laugh )...

Allen
Allen,

Great seeing you again. You're one hell of a guy to help os out like you do. [ThumbsUp]

Now that you're back I'll be seeing you at Tynan's for all of my Xterra service. smile

Take care.

Vince

#230308 - 12/04/04 05:28 PM Re: You should of "GONE"
Anonymous
Unregistered

All I can say is....been there, done that, and saw the unexpected....so let's just put the incedents aside and move on to the next trail down the road.....it could have been me in there too.

I had a good time wheelin for the first time in Moab and I wheeled with some people I trusted and followed their judgment when it came to being spotted or not....Thanks Ian for taking the time to do so whether it be frustrating or not, it was still worth it. I have to also just thank those just watching on and helping out a buddy in need.

Allen....you rock....by the way I do have a problem with my X.

-RJ

#230309 - 12/04/04 07:49 PM Re: You should of "GONE"
Anonymous
Unregistered

You have a pm there RJ.

I'm there for the 'X Guys' anytime. I'm always down for some 4xFun! [Too much XOC]

#230310 - 12/04/04 08:00 PM Re: You should of "GONE"
Anonymous
Unregistered

RJ

I take it that noise wasn't a exhaust hanger?

#230311 - 13/04/04 08:15 AM Re: You should of "GONE"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand Forks Xterra:
RJ

I take it that noise wasn't a exhaust hanger?
I am still not sure what the noise was. I know I was feeling it under the passenger floor board also.
It goes in for service next week just before I hit the 60K mark so I will throw what I can to the techs.

-RJ

#230312 - 14/04/04 09:31 PM Re: You should of "GONE"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Allen, [b]thank you again to you, your Dad and LemonDrop for heading back up to get Jorge's Xterra running.

That's two years in a row you've helped fix vehicles on Golden Spike, next year I'll make sure Nissan, or Tynan's is paying you to be there helping us out.[/b]
It's not about the pay, actually, getting paid for doing that wouldn't be right, you know? Just helping out is what I like to do. But if Nissan wanted to get me a warmer sleeping bag for next year, I'd be up for that. wink

I just like hanging with you guys. I've wheeled with a lot of different people, and you guys are cool. I'd rather wheel with you guys than anyone else. That, and Ian has some damn sexy legs!
eek

#230313 - 15/04/04 02:19 AM Re: You should of "GONE"
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
Quote:
Originally posted by Aero Steve:
I suggested they try a king cab or standard cab next year.
So it was Nissan themselves that brought it there? Interesting.

Was there any damage done to it?

#230314 - 15/04/04 06:43 AM Re: You should of "GONE"
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
The Titan was brought out be Nissan marketing. Several employees with no offroad experience thrashed it for a day. It suffered cosmetic damage for the most part, dents and scratches. It has towed a 05 Frontier mockup to and from the event.

#230315 - 15/04/04 10:05 AM Re: You should of "GONE"
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Was it a pre-production vehicle? If anyone knows the details of the interior of a Titan and checked it out was it identical? I know the pre-production X that was sent all over the place to get reviews had a fee differences with various knobs and dials and other little things that were different that one wouldn't notice unless they owned one. It got beat up and it just met its fate in the crusher in the end.

I was shocking to me when I realized that an automaker will send a vehicle out, let it get abused and then just destroy it since it has served its marketing and publicity purpose.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal