Just out of curiosity...what would everyone think if suddenly it was decided that metro L.A. was to be carved out of the US and given to the survivors of Milosevic? And the current LA residents were told that LA was now to be miles east...in the middle of Death Valley. So they still had a "home." Just not as choice.

I know...it's an oversimplification. But is that not how the Palestinians feel? Sure, Israel was there 2,000 years ago. But it was lost. Did we re-organize Austria-Hungary? Or the Ottoman Empire? Will those ever be re-established? I seriously doubt it. Will we give part of Texas back to Mexico? No. How about the land that originally belonged to Indians in the eastern states? We destroyed them. But we're not going to give back what we took.

(And before anyone tries to tag me with some "anti-semite" label, I will have you know that my one of my best friends, whom I've known longer than anyone outside my immediate family is Jewish. I have been to his temple many times. His family and my family were extremely close. They put us up for several months when my parents took my brother to Duke to take care of his brain tumor. Anti-semite couldn't be further from me if you tried.)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist