ECXC 2024!
by Tom
26/06/24 02:12 PM
Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 167 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#149738 - 13/03/06 06:10 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Uncle Junior scared the crap out of me when he came out of the dark hallway spoutin off and guns a'blazin!

Too bad what's-his-named hanged himself. His wife is hot and I was hoping to see more of her.

How pissed is Tony gonna be when he learns Carmella's house needs to be torn down and started again? Well, after he gets over the hole in his stomach.

#149739 - 13/03/06 03:00 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally posted by Doug703:
Uncle Junior scared the crap out of me when he came out of the dark hallway spoutin off and guns a'blazin!
No shit! Whatta great way to start the season.

#149740 - 13/03/06 03:27 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Claus Offline

When did Christopher make Captain?. DID we see Janice get knocked up?. Give Meadow a boob job and she will be pokeable.

I love uncle june!.."I am missing my uppers", "I had a Banana in there" should have been alarm bells for Tony to keep an eye on him.

Also the FEDS have their grabs on quite a few of the family.

I taped it and will watch it again....

#149741 - 13/03/06 03:37 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome start to the season, there is a lot to see next week! I have already watched it three times just to take all of it in. Man did they cram alot into that episode. Still the best show ever on TV!

#149742 - 14/03/06 08:18 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
It's odd that Tony or even Bobby would allow Uncle Junior to have access to a gun in the house if he "really" has dementia.

I also thought it was interesting that Uncle Junior was watching "Paths of Glory" (a great film by the way).

Anyone else think that Meadow is going to be the heir apparant to the Soprano crime empire?

The feds on that show are definitely not portrayed too well.

Ray Curto died in this episode and he has been a snitch for the feds the entire 5 seasons.... and he was a Capo. Nothing ever came from that. This is where the show is very unrealistic.

I love the show, and this season looks to be better than the last couple of seasons which really were'nt that good. Just a few occasional good episodes scattered throughout.

#149743 - 14/03/06 08:43 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
It's odd that Tony or even Bobby would allow Uncle Junior to have access to a gun in the house if he "really" has dementia.

I bet there's guns hidden all over the house that even Jr. doesn't know are there.

Oh and retire? LOLOLOOLOLOLOL. Right.

At least it should have been "Tony, here's an envelope, can I take a vacation to Florida?"

Dummy!

#149744 - 14/03/06 09:02 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:

[QUOTE]I bet there's guns hidden all over the house that even Jr. doesn't know are there.
In actuality the answer would most likely be no.

Junior was already on trial by the feds, so his home would have been completely searched in the past. Then he was under "house arrest" for a period of time and the feds would also have had access to his home during that time period. No wiseguy worth his weight in provolone would have kept firearms in the home during that time.

But then again, it's just TV.

#149745 - 14/03/06 09:19 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I also thought it was interesting that Uncle Junior was watching "Paths of Glory" (a great film by the way).
Most of the t.v. shows that characters watch, particularily Tony and the History Channel, are put there on purpose by David Chase. Often they foreshadow what is going to happen.

Quote:
Anyone else think that Meadow is going to be the heir apparant to the Soprano crime empire?
no. What drew you to that conclusion?

Quote:
Ray Curto died in this episode and he has been a snitch for the feds the entire 5 seasons.... and he was a Capo. Nothing ever came from that. This is where the show is very unrealistic.
Didn't the Feds investigation of the real-life mob, via Donnie Brasco, last for several years?? That makes me believe that the Ray Curto thing was realistic. Plus he wasn't the only snitch, obviously. The unrealistic thing here is that of all the Fed snitches that have been "whacked"... the Feds never seem to find anything. Pussy ran away to Puerto Rico, Adriana fled to the West Coast... What if, in the end, one of the main characters ended up being a undercover Fed?? It couldn't be Sil, Paulie or Christopher -- they have known Tony all their life.

#149746 - 14/03/06 10:00 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Claus Offline

After Band of Brothers, this is the only TV series I have ever liked. I have the entire collection on AVI and plowed through it prior to this past Sunday. Looks like the series take into account that it is now almost 2 years later.

I wonder how Tony gets help....anyone care to wager?

#149747 - 14/03/06 10:03 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
socalpunx Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus:
When did Christopher make Captain?. DID we see Janice get knocked up?. Give Meadow a boob job and she will be pokeable.

I love uncle june!.."I am missing my uppers", "I had a Banana in there" should have been alarm bells for Tony to keep an eye on him.

One year passed on the show in the two years since the last episode.

It's not hard to fathom that Christopher was rewarded with a promotion after giving up his girl in a huge demonstration of family loyalty. After all, family is everything.

Janice was bound to get knocked up since she had her claws into Bobby and wanted to seal the deal. Although, what happened to his kids?

Meadow will never got controll of the soprano Family. How many other women are in charge? It doesn't happen. Look what happened to..shit...(The Boss that Tony suceeded) his wife who owns the body shop. She's nobody that get's fucked with.

It was interesting though that Carmella was very interested in the fact that she was making her own money and bought her own car as opposed to having her husband buy it for her. Anyone else catch that dynamic?

I can see Meadow getting a conscience and becoming a DA or a Fed Atty. before she acts as council for the mob. She is the liberal studies major remember. I just need to know: is Fin safe from sexual harassment now that he's going to marry her or will he still be getting is blowjob from his newly svelt love interest?

#149748 - 14/03/06 10:08 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Quote:
[b]Anyone else think that Meadow is going to be the heir apparant to the Soprano crime empire?
no. What drew you to that conclusion?[/b]
Just a hunch. I think they are grooming her character to be a sociopath in waiting. Maybe ala a Michael Corleone type, only female.

We have already seen the show introduce female "bosses" as seen by that hot babe that ran the mob family in Italy.

Meadow has never allowed anyone to make any negative comments against "the family", and I'm not just talking about her immediate family. She is just like Tony in many ways. (the brother is not). There have even been words of dialogue over the years saying she is just like Tony. She is turning out to be the calculating one. She will be like Michael Corleone and the brother will be a Fredo type.... if you allow the comparison.

Just a prediction. I think when the show finally does end, Tony will be dead and Meadow will be giving orders. I think the show will end on that premise. I could be wrong, but it's just a feeling.

Quote:

Didn't the Feds investigation of the real-life mob, via Donnie Brasco, last for several years?? That makes me believe that the Ray Curto thing was realistic. Plus he wasn't the only snitch, obviously. The unrealistic thing here is that of all the Fed snitches that have been "whacked"... the Feds never seem to find anything. Pussy ran away to Puerto Rico, Adriana fled to the West Coast... What if, in the end, one of the main characters ended up being a undercover Fed?? It couldn't be Sil, Paulie or Christopher -- they have known Tony all their life.
I'm not sure if Donnie Brasco was under for five years. It was a long time and what he did was by far unprecedented.

Let us not forget that Donnie Brasco (Joe Pistone) was not a Capo. He was not even a "made" guy. He was an FBI agent that got close by becoming an "associate".

In real life it is almost unheard of a Capo wearing a wire for the feds. It doesn't happen, and the times it has happened have been extremely rare. It would not take five years for the feds to build a case and bring indictments if they had an actual Capo.

Let's also not forget that five seasons of the show doesn't equate to five years in calender time on the show. So in the show, Curto would have been wearing a wire for at least seven years, maybe more taking into account he was doing it since the beginning of the show. Having a Capo all those years makes it unrealistic. Especially since nothing has come of it.

But then again, now that Curto is dead, maybe we will see some major fed actions soon against Tony or his Capo's. Who knows. I doubt it though. The feds have a new informant on the show in the NY family.

The feds have just been portrayed badly on the show. Having a guy like Curto and the writers did nothing at all with that. Instead they spent all that time with the Adrianna-fed thing on basically nothing.

None of Tony's close "gumbas" will ever come out as feds. They can't. Besides the fact that they've know him all his life, they've all also committed major crimes including murder and undercovers can't do that.

#149749 - 14/03/06 10:10 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Meadow has one heckuva camel toe! Nice dance!

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#149750 - 14/03/06 10:21 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:

Meadow will never got controll of the soprano Family. How many other women are in charge? It doesn't happen. Look what happened to..shit...(The Boss that Tony suceeded) his wife who owns the body shop. She's nobody that get's fucked with.

It was interesting though that Carmella was very interested in the fact that she was making her own money and bought her own car as opposed to having her husband buy it for her. Anyone else catch that dynamic?
You are confused. Angie Bonpensiero, who owns the body shop, was Big Pussy's wife. The Captain (not boss) that Tony took over for was Jackie Aprile (wife: Rosalie and son was Jackie Jr.). Both Pussy and Jackie are dead.

Carmella was surprised because at one point she saw Angie working in a grocery store. Another seperate time before that, Angie told Carmella (while in the grocery store) that she needed money to get her dog some medicine. That's what spurred Tony smashing the windows of her Caddy out. He later gave her the body shop that Pussy (her dead husband) used to run.

Quote:
We have already seen the show introduce female "bosses" as seen by that hot babe that ran the mob family in Italy.
David Chase admitted in an interview recently that he regrets he had written a female boss into the show, let alone one that attractive.

#149751 - 14/03/06 11:25 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
socalpunx Offline

Yeah, you're right. I turned them into one character. Point being: no female bosses and the surviving wives are damn close to cut out of the family.

It could all just possibly end with a wedding.

Meadow?

Just as The Godfather began with one.

#149752 - 20/03/06 11:54 AM Re: Sopranos countdown!
xterrapin Offline

Worst episode ever!

WTF was that about?!?

#149753 - 20/03/06 12:10 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
I saw the premier last week, but I'm stuck in Toronto with no HBO this week. Did the 911 call get through to help Tony?

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#149754 - 20/03/06 12:11 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
xterrapin Offline

Yeah, the call got through and Tony is in an induced coma.
Think...really crappy dream sequences.
It sucked. It was like a bad episode of Days of our Lives. I kept waiting to see Patrick Duffy in the shower.

#149755 - 20/03/06 12:24 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
Yeah, the call got through and Tony is in an induced coma.
Think...really crappy dream sequences.
It sucked. It was like a bad episode of Days of our Lives. I kept waiting to see Patrick Duffy in the shower.
My prediction?

The entire series will turn out to be the dreams of an autistic little boy, whose father was a mob-boss in the dreams, but in reality? A janitor.

Cause that's never been done . . .

#149756 - 20/03/06 12:34 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Anonymous
Unregistered

There was a lot of symbolism in last nights show. At the end where Carmela kept asking Tony to speak to her, then in the dream he picked up the phone but then hung up. Also the girl on the phone he keeps talking to in the dream sure doesn't sound like Carmela. The episode was very boring.

#149757 - 20/03/06 12:42 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
xterrapin Offline

A couple of points to mention from the show: the Homeland Security guys and the Middle Easterners at the Bada Bing; an obvious terrorist sub-plot coming soon.
Juniors mention of Tonys depression, Junior possibly setting up his defense? Maybe he wasnt crazy after all.

#149758 - 20/03/06 12:53 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mostly_Harmless:

There was a lot of symbolism in last nights show. At the end where Carmela kept asking Tony to speak to her, then in the dream he picked up the phone but then hung up. Also the girl on the phone he keeps talking to in the dream sure doesn't sound like Carmela. The episode was very boring.
Hell yeah..... there was a ton of symbolism in last nights episode.

Seem's that Tony is in purgatory and that purgatory is Orange County, CA. smile

There was so much symbolism, you really need to watch the episode more than once to catch all of it.

His wife on the phone definitely isn't Carmela. It was also a little wierd to see Tony speaking in a "non-Jersey wiseguy" type accent.

Was the Asian doctor also one of the Buddhists that approached Tony in the lobby of the hotel?

#149759 - 20/03/06 01:06 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
electrobuzz Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
The voice of "Carmella" sounds like her friend who's son (and hubby?) was killed...the one Carmella was having a snack with when AJ came over.

Speaking of a snack...wow, how about that belly wound? Looked like chip dip. That was one time I really didn't want the crystal clear quality of HD. [Huh?]

#149760 - 20/03/06 01:27 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by electrobuzz:

The voice of "Carmella" sounds like her friend who's son (and hubby?) was killed...the one Carmella was having a snack with when AJ came over.
No. It definitely wasn't her. You're talking about Ro Aprile. She has a distinctive voice and the wife on the phone was definitely not her.

I don't think the woman's voice on the phone was any character from the show. I think it was just suppossed to not be Carmela since in the dream, or purgatory, Tony's life was different.... even the way Tony spoke. The daughter's voice that came over the phone was also different and younger.

Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:

A couple of points to mention from the show: the Homeland Security guys and the Middle Easterners at the Bada Bing; an obvious terrorist sub-plot coming soon.
Christopher had a good line to the FBI guys while in Satriale's saying ..."Fieldcrest reported a truckload of towels missing".

They already had a small terrorist subplot with the Matush thing. Maybe those two from the Bing are tied in somehow. You never know.

#149761 - 20/03/06 01:55 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
Anonymous
Unregistered

If AJ goes through with shooting Junior, will he have to suffer the consequences of attacking/killing a "made" guy?

#149762 - 20/03/06 02:13 PM Re: Sopranos countdown!
socalpunx Offline

Absolutely.

His only saving grace might be the embarrasment issue. Are there reprocutions for Junior? But AJ really is nobody. Look at tony's cousin Tony and all he did was kill the brother of a made guy. Didn't Tony have ...DAMN I'm shitty with names...the son of the previous boss killed when he became a fuck up, dropped out of school and started selling drugs and getting into Meadow's pants?

And Madman , I saw it as more of a what if than a purgatory. What if he had lived a normal life with a normal family and a normal job. His whole life has been filled with guilt and regrets so as he is laying on his possible death bed why not ask : What if?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal